Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good social workers

Sarn Saechao is a prince. He' s my DHSH social worker and he has gone out of his way to help me out. When the times were tough, when I faced homelessness, he performed above and beyond the call of duty while adhering to the rules precisely, providing genuine social service and doing nothing less than his job. He's a social worker of the highest possible caliber.

Henry Gillon is fantastic. He was my first worker with WorkSource. He got a look at my résumé, realized it was a special case, and helped me work my way through a system that was completely foreign to me. Knowing what I was capable of, when he combed the job listings as part of his daily job, he would always let me know if there was something up my alley. He never talked down to me, was completely sympathetic, and did his job professionally and compassionately.

I tell you this in case you think I've got it in for social workers. I don't. Every social worker I've had contact with in Seattle has been helpful, courteous, and professional.

All but one, the hideous atrocity, Hazel "Mussolini" Borjal, the pathetic imitation of a social worker written about below.

No comments: