Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Typical morning in Seattle City Hall

I wake up here...


stumble up the steps to City Hall...
and go to the seventh floor and read the mayor's newspaper.
I go out to the mayor's balcony and look down at my humble abode...


then I go downstairs to the main lobby...
where I plunk myself down to get some work done. Since my laptop was stolen, Nathan Shields (a prince) has loaned me a Chrome, made by Google, that only has one program installed, Chrome, an internet browser, so that's all I can do, browse the internet. Every once in a while I'm inspired to write something, but it can only happen when I'm online. With no WORD or NOTEPAD program to open, you literally can't do anything with this when you're not connected. Luckily, City Hall has great WIFI, even though they're probably secretly listening in to everything I say. So if I ever slip into gibberish, you'll know it's just me fucking with their heads and not the mescaline kicking in.
The mescaline kicks in and I have a daymare about being pepper-sprayed by Seattle Police while innocently crossing the street.

I open up my eyes and THIS guy is looking at me.
Something's going on in the lobby.

Who let all these people in my room?

Wow, a buffet, croissants and coffee, just what I need. I don't know who these people are but thanks for the grub.
And swag, what's with the swag?
I grab one of everything and hope no one notices. 
Something bright and shiny manifests itself.
Never offer free candy to a tripping caffeinated prowler who has mysteriously gained access to the gates of power. Even though he can't really tell what this stuff is, he will dump it all in the pouch in front of his raincoat and bring it to the crew downstairs...

then he will stumble past the fireplace that can never be lit...
and get back to writing. I'm in City Hall, goddamit. There's news to report.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool except for the Blurry Images. but ya gotta run with what you have I guess.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing!

- City worker and Seattle parent